Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Hate Updates!!

Did I mention how much I hate updates? I don't know about anyone else, but everytime I do an update on my computer, it seems to corrupt another important file. Soooo, with that said, I HATE UPDATES!!! I just recently updated a Microsoft patch, and what happens? It corrupted something in my computer, whew. I lost sound, I couldn't open certain files, I was a mess. I tried everything, a system restore, etc etc, to no avail. I called my faithful Dell tech support, they tried too, again to no avail. So, what was left? Reformat my computer. Now, I saved all my files, or so I thought. After my reformatting, came the lonnnng task of downloading my programs and reloading my files. And, after that was done, I felt a sense of accomplishment. Short lived I might add. With all that hard work completed, I needed to unwind, trying to decide on a new project. I went to my folder where I keep all of my notes, patterns, pictures of projects completed and in progress, and what did I find? The folder was BLANK!!! Nothing in it.. :-( - I lost everything! Now comes the long task of referring to my handwritten notes, and redoing all of my patterns... tears again :-( And, also retrieving all my my project pics. It is very frustrating and will be a big job ahead of me. The sad part, I know I saved other things in that folder and I can't remember what. I know things could have been worse, but this folder contained months of work, and it was heartbreaking to lose it all. Lesson Learned.... BACK UP YOUR DATA REGULARLY!! Ok, I feel better now, I can get off my soapbox.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S WHY I HATE PC'S. APPLE/MAC COMPUTERS ARE TOTALLY STREAMLINED. NO STINKING PATCHES, CORRUPTIONS, VIRUSES, ETC... Love, Rubina

THIS AND THAT said...

Lucky for you that you have a MAC.... I am seriously considering that when I upgrade my computer. Friggen patches!!!

Nano said...

I feel so sick to my stomach for you. I would die if I lost everything. Well, not die, but you know, maybe faint.