Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chocolate Twinkies


Well, here it is. I had an overwhelming demand for chocolate Twinkies from my family. I didnt make a chocolate spongecake - I cheated this round. I used a packaged chocolate cake mix and made buttercream frosting. I did notice though the tops "peaked" a little more than the spongecake did, but it's all good, lol. Who cares about the peaks when you have homemade Twinkies. Yummers!!! Now to pass them out and see what kind of feedback I will get. This will be the perfect ending for dinner for tonight - I am making Greek Pastitsio, which I love, along with a Greek salad with Kalamata olives, Feta cheese, tomatoes and cukes - instead of lettuce I am using Baby Arugula with a light olive oil dressing. I am getting hungry, lol.





Twinkies baked not filled

4 comments:

Gloria P. said...

those look good......almost like devil dogs...but I bet your are moist and yummy!

THIS AND THAT said...

They came out good, but I like the spongecake version better. I will have to try this with chocolate spongecake next. Devil Dogs - great name.

Amy said...

OMG,,they look yummy, imagine the flavor possibilities... thanks for sharing,Amy

THIS AND THAT said...

They were yummy - and I have tried with so many variations, all came out great - I love these pans!!