Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. One down, one more to go. Do I sound "Bah Humbug"? We had a split Thanksgiving this year, half my family at another get-together and the other half here. It is getting harder and harder, since my nieces and nephews all have in-laws and their get-togethers, but ours went well. We had a wonderful feast, more food than we can eat, as usual, and 2 days to recover from the preparation. I think I am half human again. The "Old Gray Mare Just Aint What She Used To Be"..... I dont seem to have that stamina I had (ah-hmmm) when I was a "few" years younger. I find now when I am preparing for a gathering, I have to pace myself. It isnt easy being 39 (hehehe). But I do have to admit, it was all good. We had a wonderful time and my daughter was here. What more could I ask for? Life is good.....

PS..... In all the preparation and confusion, I didnt get any pics of the food. Hopefully for Xmas I will remember to take my camera and share pics of all the goodies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what they say...A daughter is a daughter for life but a son is not your son once he takes a wife. Our day was tiring also.

THIS AND THAT said...

Thats for sure - I hope yours was an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

We had a great Thanksgiving except that hubby was in hospital due to that bad flu going around. I wanted to leave the link for the bear afghan. I added the toes and the bow tie myself and used all granny squares. here is the link
http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/bearghan.html
Thanks for your kind words.

THIS AND THAT said...

Thank you for the link. Will have to try it,