Thursday, October 16, 2008

MMMMMM Soup


I have had a hankering for Clam Chowder for a few days now, and finally broke down and made some. The recipe is super easy, quick, and yummy, the end result is delicious.

Ok, I know this isnt crochet or needle felting, but what the heck - everyone always wants a new recipe. I do occasionally put my crochet hooks down and cook. So, here it is:

New England Clam Chowder
2 - 6-1/5 oz cans chopped clams, drained (save the liquid)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp minced onions
3 large celery stalks (with greens), diced
4 large potatoes, diced (I used Russets)
4 cups milk (I use low fat)
1 cup water
2 heaping tbsp cornstarch
Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Drain claims, save liquid.
2. In medium sized dutch oven, place oil and heat. Add celery and potatoes and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
3. Mix water and cornstarch, stir to blend.
4. Add milk and cornstarch mixture to pot - stirring to blend.
5. Add clam juice, stir to blend.
6. Add salt and pepper.
7. Cook on high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a slight boil. Reduce heat and add clams. Cook for another 5 minutes or so, or until potatoes are done.
Serves 4-6 people

Serve with bread and butter (French Baguette, lol) and Yummmmm!!
Let me know what you think.... =^.^=

0 comments: