Tuesday, September 9, 2008

WIP - Knit Sampler Block Afghan


Wow, it has been a while since I picked up knitting needles. I have been so involved with crocheting, and lately needle felting.
It seems as soon as September rolls around, the year just zips by. Doesnt it seem to go faster each year? I feel like I just recovered from last Christmas, and it is almost here again! With that said and with Christmas rapidly approaching, I decided to start on some of my gifts. I usually wait till the last minute, then scarmble to get things done. I started this blanket for my girl friend's 2 year old grandson - I found out he is still using the baby blanket I crocheted for him when he was born! Well since he is a big boy now, he needs a bigger blanket. I am using a 4-ply worsted weight yarn for this blanket. The pattern of the blanket is done in blocks, with a basic alternating knit and purl motif and a seed stitch border. It is a simple pattern, great for a beginner. I will finalize the pattern and post it as soon as I am done.

0 comments: