Saturday, August 9, 2008

New Addiction


Ok, I needed a new addiction like I needed a hole in the head. I have always admired these artists that made needle felted miniatures and thought I would (one day) love to try it. Well, I broke down (no resistance) and bought some supplies. I can now appreciate their talent - I did, however, make 2 needle felted bears. I feel such a sense of accomplishment. Of course, it is very elementary compared to the beautiful felted creatures out there - but for me, considering it was my first time attempting this, I was surprised on how shredded wool can be transformed into works of art. I will, of course, hone my skills a little more and try other creatures. But my love for teddy bears inspired me to create these two. Again, in comparison to the wonderful and intricate creations out there, mine is simple, but at least I did it... =^.^=

The white bear is Violet - she is only 1-1/2" tall! And the rust colored bear is Oliver - he is 2" tall. Eash one in thread jointed. Considering how small they are, it took me about 2 hours to create each one.

As always, comments welcome.






Oliver














Roving Wool
Incredible how this transforms
into a beautiful work of art.

0 comments: