Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Raggedy Ann Doll


For the longest time I wanted to make a Raggedy Ann Doll. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a rag doll to sew or crochet. Well, I decided to try it crocheted. It was so fun creating her. I love how her pinafore and petticoat came out. Everything went pretty fast except the hair - that took almost as long as the whole doll! I looped her hair individually so it would look full and thick. And even though I was trying to devise a simpler method, I really like the way she came out. I used Lion Brand Pound of Love, Caron One Pound and Red Heart Super Saver. She stand 15" tall head to toe. I am really pleased with her!




Her side view
Isn't her little bunny toy cute?

















Her sitting pose

7 comments:

Share said...

She's great! It may have been a pain to do the hair but the effect is perfect! :D I LOVE her!

THIS AND THAT said...

Thank you, I will probably mumble and grumble and do the same technique again, lol.

Marilyn said...

This is a beautifull Raggedy Ann Doll.
Marilyn

EssenceRose3 said...

You truly are very talented! As per usual, I just LOVE this doll. I have spent hours pouring over your beautiful creations, forever adding to the list of "must do's". :) Thanks for sharing them with the public! If you should ever happen to crochet a cute little moose, I'd love to get my hands on the pattern! *hint, hint* Hehehe!

EssenceRose3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THIS AND THAT said...

A moose huh? Let me see what I can do, lol.
Thank you for your wonderful comments, I am flattered.

Randi Lee Ross Marodi said...

I'm a big Raggedy Ann fan and I love this doll. Thanks for sharing.